Weighing in at an incredible 850g, including paint and small parts, the re-designed C5 is the ultimate lightweight endurance road bike. Reviewed as the "Bike for everyone" by BikeRadar, the C5 brings together three different aspects to provide an increible piece of technology; weight, ride quality and usability. Carbon fibre layup, a single-piece rear triangle and wide seatstays mean that Cervélo can produce a bike that is one of the lightest of its kind on the market. Ride quality is engineered thanks to the all-carbon-fork featured on the C5. The fork carefully balances stiffness with compliance, which with the unique seatstays, deflect shock, ensuring you stay comfortable throughout your ride. Similar to the C3, Cervélo have increased the length of the chainstays found on the C5, resulting in a greater tyre clearance for 28mm tyres, as well as providing space for mounted mudguards to protect your bike from the harshness of every type of surface. Finally, kitted out with Shimano Di2 componentry, the C5 provides crisp smooth, electronical, shifting that will leave you relaxed and hasssle free, consistently.
1. Flat-mount hydraulic disc brake mounts provide exceptional stopping power and a clean look
2. Cable routing for the front disc brake runs through the fork to maintain the clean lines of the frame
3. Subtly curving seatstays indicate the focus on comfort and compliance
4. BBright ensures no loss of stiffness or pedalling efficiency - the C5 retains the road performance Cervélo are known for
5. Big tyre clearance front and rear for 28 mm tyres with mudguards (30 mm without) - also avoids issues with debris
6. Integrated mudguard mounts introduce practical simplicity without compromising aesthetics
7. Subtle geometry adjustments include a lower bottom bracket and longer chainstays for stable handling on rough terrain. This allows a higher frame stack without spoiling its aesthetics with a super-tall headtube. A slacker headtube angle and larger fork offset further boost the 'planted' feeling of the bike on rough terrain with along with a longer wheelbase, while a slightly shorter reach adds to a little more relaxed riding position
8. Thru-axles front and rear ensure perfect wheel and rotor alignment all the time
9. Attention-to-detail is obvious in the inclusion of a quality chainstay protector and bolt-on bashguard to protect the frame from impacts
10. All this tech comes in at only 850 grams!
Rider confidence can’t be measured in a laboratory or wind tunnel. Cervélo is renowned for its engineering-driven approach to building the world’s fastest and lightest road, track, triathlon and time-trial bicycles, but the success of the C Series won’t be measured in Grand Tour victories or Olympic gold medals. Rather, their engineering team used its profound understanding of pro athletes’ bicycle requirements to skillfully balance performance with ride quality. The C Series has been developed as Cervélo’s most versatile platform, occupying a sweet spot between aggressive racing bikes and so-called “gravel grinders.” The result, a true performance endurance bike, ultra light and reactive, yet very stable and compliant enough to provide an extraordinary smooth and comfortable ride on every road surface. Because sometimes the nicest roads are not always the nicest roads.
“Experienced ex-racers, high-mileage club and charity riders, backroad explorers, fit lifers who run marathons on weekends and think nothing of commuting 40 kilometres by bike... All of these riders will benefit from our decades of engineering expertise and experience,” explains senior product manager Phil Spearman. “With long-distance rides like gran fondos exploding in popularity, we feel there’s a great opportunity to offer true Cervélo-engineered endurance products to an expanding community.”
Stiffness: Extraordinarily curved seatstays compliment the dampened ride with a high vertical deflection. The bike’s through-axles, meanwhile, boost lateral stiffness in a disc brake-specific fork that’s also comfortingly compliant.
Ride quality: Moving the bottom bracket closer to the ground lowers the C5’s centre of gravity, while increasing fork and stack length allows for a more upright riding position and a decrease in stand-over height, all while avoiding the “tower of headtube” look. Confidence is also about controlling speed, which is why the C Series incorporates the latest disc-brake technologies, such as the flat-mount standard and through-axles, to enhance safety, drive-train alignment and performance.
Usability: Longer chainstays add trail-balance handling at the front end and boost tire clearance to 28mm, providing room for a standard fender and mount. A downtube rock guard and chainstay protector help prevent potential damage on mixed surfaces, while future-proof internal cable routing delivers smooth shifting every time.
Fork:Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered C5 Fork for Disc
Headset:FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2"
Seatpost:FSA K-Force for Di2
Rear Derailleur:Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070, 11 spd
Front Derailleur:Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070, 11 spd
Shifters:Shimano Di2 ST-R785 11 spd
Brake Calipers:Shimano BR-RS805 Hydraulic Disc
Bottom Bracket:Rotor PF-30
Crankset:Rotor 3D+ BBright™, 50/34
Handlebar:FSA K-Force Compact
Stem:FSA OS-99 CSI
Saddle:fi’zi:k Antares VS
Cassette:Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11 spd, 11-28
Chain:Shimano HG900, 11 spd
Wheels:HED Ardennes Plus LT DIsc
Tyres:Continental Grand Prix 180 tpi, 700x28c
Follow the four easy steps below to complete your order: