The new ‘Aquaflo Plus’ range takes the award winning Aquaflo collection to another level.
Featuring Zone3's highly rated water repellent Aquaflo fabric, this is combined with an ultra soft and flexible mesh fabric for improved ventilation and styling. There are many new features to improve comfort and functionality further, setting a benchmark in the industry for the performance and quality which can be achieved within an entry/mid-range price point.
The range is an update on the long standing Aquaflo range which achieved the ‘BEST BUY’ award in 220 Triathlon magazine in 2011, 2012 and 2014. The collection is designed to improve speed, endurance and comfort and offers top of the range features but without the top of the range price.
Lots of new features have been built into these shorts to make them what Zone3 consider to be the best available on the market. You can feel the difference as soon as you put them on. They are supportive, comfortable and use a high quality pad. This combined with top-end fabrics make them perfect for any Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon.
1. Aquaflo™ is a fast and comfortable fabric. It is designed to give low levels of drag thanks to its water repellent Teflon coating. You will notice that when the fabric has water splashed on to it, it will bead up and flow straight off the suit. This hydrodynamic effect is maximised during the swim helping to achieve faster times. It also means less water is absorbed making the suit lighter and quicker to dry once on the bike. The suit is made from Xtra-Life Lycra® which ensures great shape retention and comfort throughout the race. The main body of this range is made from a black or navy colour to ensure modesty and superior coverage.
2. It is made from Xtra-Life Lycra® which ensures great shape retention and comfort throughout the race. The main body of this range is made from a black or navy colour to ensure modesty and superior coverage.
3. Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Aquaflo fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helping to improve your endurance and stamina.
4. Airflo is designed for optimum temperature control by allowing moisture to easily evaporate from the skin and help keep the body cool or warm depending on the conditions. The soft-touch feels extremely comfortable against the skin and the eyelet pattern also helps the fabric to dry very quickly after the swim.
5. Super snug waistband – A 3.5cm elastic waistband has been added on to the shorts for an extremely comfortable and supportive fit. The shorts are designed to ensure nothing will be exposed whilst on the bike and a drawstring cord is added to accommodate a range of waist sizes and ensure optimum fit.
6. Tri-lite pad: A tried and tested race-specific triathlon pad providing fit and comfort unlike any other on the market. Minimising water absorption and providing protection during the cycle, without impeding your swim or run. Also, new fine-line stitching to further reduce any irritation. This pad has been used since 2015 and the reviews have been fantastic.
7. New Pocket Design: Two carefully positioned streamlined pockets on each side of the leg to allow nutritional products or other race accessories to be stored and accessed with ease. With a full size pocket on one side, the other has two smaller sized pockets to accommodate different items.
8. Rear Pocket: New for 2016, the shorts have a rear zipped pocket perfect for valuables or nutrition which need a more secure fit during the swim.
9. Silicone UFO leg grippers – Newly designed leg grippers combine a soft elastic material with internal and external silicone. These grippers are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
10. Stylish Flat locked stitching – Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
The Men’s Aquaflo Tri Shorts perfect for any Sprint or Olympic distance race. Give them a try and you’ll soon notice that Zone3 have found the perfect balance between performance and comfort.