Finance options now available. T&C apply. Please see details.
The award winning Lava collection was launched in 2013 and is designed specifically with long distance athletes in mind. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazine Editor’s choice award with a 92% rating and the range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes racing all over the world.
The garment you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance and therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super- comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional.
New fabrics and features make the latest Lava collection an absolute must-have for anybody racing in long distance events.
Zone3's priorities when designing this top were:
- Easy access to pockets for nutrition
- Breathable and Protective
Aeroforce Soft-Touch – A revolutionary woven fabric from France is used on the main front and back panels and is extremely comfortable against the skin and technically advanced. It is one of the most expensive performance fabrics on the market, but once you have tried it you will understand why.
Key benefits include:
- Incredible lightweight and quick drying whilst still being durable and offering a high level of UPF protection.
- 360° stretch for total freedom of movement.
- A high-tech water repellent coating for drag resistance both in and out of the water and to repel sweat whilst on the go. Also, a very useful feature if it rains on the bike section, helping to keep you drier and warmer.
This is a market-leading fabric which is used by a very high proportion of pro athletes. Comfort is crucial during a long distance race and as soon as you feel this fabric against your skin you’ll understand why it is a key feature in the range. This fabric is used on the main front and back panels.Sensory – Our Sensory fabric helps to mimic the Aeroforce Soft-Touch fabric and has an extremely smooth and soft feel together with a full water repellent coating. It also benefits from a reflective coating to help minimise heat absorption from the sun. This fabric is used on the side and back of leg panels.
Aquaflo – Our award winning Aquaflo fabric is also used for extra support and compression on the front legs.
1. Each fabric carefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance.
2. Nutrition storage with nice big pockets on the back to stock up on nutrition and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run.
3. Comfort fit design throughout the body and neck together with slightly wider shoulder panels for increased protection from the sun.
4. Optical white colour used on the majority of the top to help reflect the sun’s heat.
5. Length – Designed to slightly overlap with the Tri shorts which gives the impression of wearing a suit, but with the versatility of wearing shorts and top. The top is also longer at the back compared to the front to ensure good coverage, especially in the Aero position.
6. Elastic Technology and binding gives a snug fit without any discomfort around the arms and neck lines. Also, new seam construction to prevent any chafing under the arm.
7. Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
8. Front semi-auto lock zipper for extra ventilation during the cycle or run.
9. Total Zip protection: Soft fabrics are used to cover the inside of the zipper and this is combined with ‘fold over’ cover to minimise any discomfort from the zip on the chest.
Designed to go with the Lava Tri Shorts, this set will get you from the start to finish in the best time possible and with the minimum amount of discomfort. Full suits also available if preferred to separates.